Cyber Help, Inc.
Conditions of Use
Various 'online' services are provided by Cyber Help, Inc. (CHI) and are designed to
support the most open and diverse community on the net. The software driving these services provides the ability for a user to
interact with other users without charge.
For a minimal fee, the software also provides
registered users ("citizens") the ability to create free, public, and private rooms of various
types. Citizens are also afforded HTTP/S served space. The HTTP/S served space can be used for home pages, decorating rooms and avatars for posting in rooms.
While we try to get by with as few rules and restrictions as possible, the
following are the Conditions of Use for users of services provided by CHI. These restrictions are
necessary to ensure the community remains open and diverse.
The Conditions of Use are presented in the following five sections.
Any of these sections can be changed at any time and without notice. The sections
- Part 1 - Who is responsible? - This section describes who is responsible for various aspects of service use.
- Part 2 - Rules of Conduct - This section describes what is and is not allowed at on CHI servers.
- Part 3 - Citizen Concerns - This section describes the actions which CHI can take in addressing
problems which may occur while using our services.
- Part 4 - Room Owner Rights - This section describes the rights of room owners when they create rooms
here using our services.
- Part 5 - CHI's Warranty and Limitation on Liability.
Part 1 - Who is Responsible?
Each person is responsible for his or her own conduct. Any use of our services, including but not limited to, chat rooms, e-mail, and http/s served space, regardless of the 'chat site' or 'web site' through which those services may be offered or accessed,
is the responsibility of the person involved in the use.
It is the responsibility of
registered users, i.e citizens, to secure their accounts properly. Sharing of accounts is discouraged.
- Any account which is used to commit illegal acts, or violate the Conditions of Use
may be disabled and removed, regardless of whether or not the registered user is involved in, or has knowledge of
Any account which has not been logged into for 1 year may be considered unsecured and
may be disabled. Any account which has not been logged into for 5 years may be considered abandonded and may be disabled and removed.
Bottom line is, registered users must protect their accounts. If they don't protect their accounts, the accounts may be disabled and removed.
CHI is responsible for maintaining the services from a hardware
and software perspective. CHI does not monitor the information transmitted to and from the site and is NOT responsible for content. Please read our Intellectual Property Policy for information
on reporting issues with content.
Note: CHI software and facilities are considered in beta testing and therefore
stability is not guaranteed. No guarantee, whatsoever. This site is for entertainment only.
Part 2 - Rules of Conduct
- People under the age of 18 are not allowed to use CHI services. This means you CANNOT BE OR PRETEND TO BE under the age of 18 and use CHI services.
Citizens should not interact with
people under the age of 18. Anyone that identifies themselves
as under the age of 18 should be asked to leave and reported to CHI. Engaging in further conversation with anyone under the age of 18 can result in the account being disabled and deleted.
- Using CHI services for business/commercial purposes is prohibited, whether for profit or non-profit. Advertising through
postings on corkboards and/or chat rooms is prohibited. Using our 'people' list as a source
for mailings is also prohibited.
- Using the http served space for business/commercial purposes is prohibited. Using
the served space as a Homepage or Entrance to a business/commercial site is
prohibited is using the space to set up sites which generate excessive
amounts of traffic, whether they are commercially oriented or not.
The threshold used to determine if a site is excessive is 25 Megabytes/day.
- Posting in a manner designed to disrupt the flow of communication within a room is prohibited.
- Theatening to post, or posting peoples real names, identities, or other information which can be used to identify someone without their express permission is prohibited.
Note: CHI services are generally used anonymously, and while we do not guarantee anonymity, we do believe
that each person has the right to control his or her own identity to the extent possible.
Therefore, even if someone has previously posted personal information, that information may
not be reposted without the express consent of that person.
Posts of personal information can be reported to CHI for removal.
that 'personal information' is something that can be used to identify someone, such
as name, address, phone, place of business, etc. It is not meant to protect all types of information about someone, such as their
likes, dislikes, hobbies or their social status, health status, financial status or marital status.
- Threatening to 'trace' someone, or actually tracing someone through the use of
utilities such as netstat, finger, trace, whois, or anything else is prohibited. Posting pictures and links with
the intent to 'capture' IP addresses is prohibited.
- Impersonating other people is prohibited.
Note: Citizens are allowed to register nicknames for exclusive use. However,
nickname registration is an imperfect mechanism for protecting against impersonation, as people can make similar nicknames that are not identical, but close enough to cause confusion.
Generally, nicknames are available to be used by others if they are not registered.
However, using or registering a nickname, for the purpose of harassing
another user, is prohibited.
to visitors and citizens, as well as registered and unregistered nicknames.
- Hate speech is prohibited. Suspected hate speech should be
reported to CHI for review and possible deletion.
reserves the right to make the final determination of what is or is not hate speech.
- CHI services provide various blocking/ignoring features. Taking actions in order
to defeat these features is prohibited.
- Any room, in the opinion of CHI, whose primary purpose appears to be for political discussion, must have "Block unregistered handles" in force. CHI will mark the room to block unregistered if it is reported and is not in force.
- Any room, in the opinion of CHI, which generates an excessive number of rule violationes, may have "Block unregistered handles" put in force by CHI, as a corrective step. If things do not improve, then the room will be closed.
- Any illegal activity as defined by the Laws of the United States or the laws of
the State of Colorado is prohibited.
Note: CHI believes strongly in the right to privacy, and does not
moderate or inspect the information transmitted to and from the servers.
However, CHI reserves the right to investigate any matter brought to our attention.
We will also cooperate in any lawful investigation involving the use of our system.
- Posting or linking to bestiality images is prohibited. Suspect content should be reported to CHI for review and possible deletion. Posting stories which include bestiality is prohibited and should also be reported for possible deletion.
- Using children in Avatars, regardless of the circumstance, is prohibited.
- Child Pornography will not be tolerated and is prohibited.
While child pornography is
covered in a previous bullet as an illegal activity, we make special mention of it
here because of our strong convictions against the explotation of children. CHI will
cooperate fully with any investigation into child pornography which involves the
use of CHI facilities. We will also report to the proper authorities any child
pornography evidence that is uncovered or reported to us.
In this context,
child pornography is defined as pictures involving the sexual exploitation of children, or anything
similar or which gives the appearance of the sexual exploitation of children. CHI
reserves the right to make the final determination of what is or is not child pornography in this context.
If reported, sexual stories about people under the age of 18 will be deleted and should not be posted. Repeated
posting of such stores can result in account suspension or deletion.
- Creating any room whose primary purpose appears to be, in the opinion of CHI, for personal attacks on other people, especially through the use of anonymous/unregistered handles, is prohibited.
Part 3 - Registered User Concerns
CHI provides various services meant to support and foster a welcoming online community. If you become a registered user ("citizen"), you should consider your payment as a donation in support of the community. CHI does not provide refunds.
Citizens of the community have a special duty to act in a manner which supports the community and abide by the Conditions of Use.
CHI reserves the right to disable and delete accounts, for any reason, and at any time. But, while CHI may disable and delete an account for any reason, and at any time, CHI generally tries to correct the issue rather than simply
disabling and deleting accounts. CHI wants the people who have paid to support the community, to be part of the community, and use their accounts to their fullest.
CHI therefore may use its discretion to enforce compliance with
the conditions of use by:
Any of the above actions may be taken at any time. CHI reserves the right to disable and delete accounts for any reason, and to block users associated with those accounts.
- Issuing warnings to offending citizens, explaining the offense and asking
that corrective action be taken to prevent the offense from recurring.
- Suspending citizen accounts for a period of time to prevent the citizen from
continuing the behavior. The citizen may then be allowed back into the community on condition
that a written notice is received that states the behavior will not recur. The citizen
may incur and be required to pay fees associated with this action.
- Reduction in citizenship privileges, such as, eliminating the Served HTTP/HTTPS/FTP space
benefit and/or the E-Mail benefit.
- Disabling accounts.
- Deleting accounts.
- Blocking users from CHI service access.
Part 4 - Room Owner Rights
Citizens of the community have the ability to create their own chat rooms of various formats.
The owners of these rooms have the following rights:
Just because someone is a citizen of the community does not mean they have a right
to be in any particular room. If a Room owner asks someone to leave, they should leave.
If someone is blocked, and that someone purposefully does things to go around the block,
then CHI reserves the right to take corrective action, up to and including account termination.
- Room owners have the right to set rules and themes for their particular rooms.
- Room owners have the right to expect their rules and themes be respected.
- Room owners can arbitrarily enforce their rules and make up new ones.
- Room owners do not have to put their rules in writing (Although doing so may help
- Room owners may have other persons blocked from their rooms for any reason.
- Room owners may delete any post from their rooms for any reason.
Note: In situations where CHI Conditions of Use and Individual room rules conflict.. the CHI Conditions of Use
supersede any room rules. Rooms may not be created that violate the CHI Conditions of Use or encourage the violation of the CHI Conditions of Use.
Part 5 - Warranty and Limitation on Liability
- CHI - Cyber Help, Inc.
- CHI SERVICES - Meaning all services provided by CHI including,
but not limited to, chat rooms, e-mail, ftp, and http/s served space.
- USER - Any user of CHI SERVICES, whether paying for those services or not.
Warranty and Limitation on Liability:
- CHI reserves the right to change the Conditions of Use at
any time and without notice.
- CHI does not guarantee any data stored using its services is protected against loss. Therefore, any
data which a USER considers critical should be stored on the USER's computer equipment or other service provider,
for safe keeping and storage.
- USER agrees that use of CHI SERVICES is at USER's risk. CHI
disclaims all warranties of any
kind, whether express or
implied. CHI makes no warranty that CHI SERVICES
will meet USER requirements, or that CHI SERVICES will be
uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, or as to the accuracy or
reliability of any information obtained through CHI SERVICES.
- USER understands and agrees that any content downloaded or otherwise
obtained through the use of CHI SERVICES is done at USER's own
discretion and risk and that USER will be solely responsible for any
damages to USER's computer system or loss of data that results in the
download of such data content.
- USER understands and agrees that any content uploaded to CHI SERVICES is done at USER's own
discretion and risk and that USER will be solely responsible for such content.
- CHI DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING,
BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
ALL PARTICULAR PURPOSES.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL CHI OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE
CHI SERVICES PROVIDED BY CHI, EVEN IF CHI HAS BEEN
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- USER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES
INCURRED BY CHI, IN RELATION TO ANY LEGAL ACTION WHATSOVER ARISING
OUT OF THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE CHI SERVICES PROVIDED BY