Uploading Files without FTP
There are two ways to upload files to SOI. The first is through
and HTML upload form located in your individual room/user file directories, and the
second is by using account based FTP access. This page describes HTML Upload
access method. Note: If you used to use the 'anonymous FTP Method', that method is
no longer available.
If you would like to use the account based, or direct FTP method, click
here for instructions.
Each of your rooms and nicknames has a directory in which files can be stored
for viewing from the web. If you click on [controls], then [ftp files],
you will see a link for each room and user.
The following is the procedure used to upload files into these directories.
Thats it.. *smile*.. you have now completed using the HTML Upload into SOI!
- First click on [controls], then [ftp files], and then on the link to the directory
you wish to 'Upload' into.
- At the bottom of this page, you will see a form which asks for an "Upload File" field,
a "browse" button, a "save as" field, and an "Upload File" button.
- In the "Upload File" field, you need to put the file specification for the file ON YOUR COMPUTER.
You can click on the BROWSE button, and use that to search for and find the file.
- After you have the file specified in the Upload File field, place the name of the
file as you want it to be on our server in the "save as" field. DO NOT specify the disk drive or path portion
of the file specification, or it will not work. You want to just put in the file name,
like "myfile.jpg". Dont forget to include the file extension.
- Then, you should simply press the "Upload File" button. Remember that you are
uploading a file at this point, so, the screen will not refresh until the file has
been uploaded. The amount of time this takes depends on the size of the file you
are copying up.